SeaFirst Insurance Brokers are insurance specialists. Our rapidly growing company has been providing our clients with the finest in general insurance services for over 40 years and are proud to be the largest general insurance brokers on the Saanich Peninsula, with offices in Brentwood Bay, Saanichton, Sidney, Salt Spring Island, Oak Bay, Westshore and Pender Island. It is our philosophy to provide our clients with professional service, while at the same time, maintaining a positive work environment for our employees.
Who We’re Looking For
We are needing a detail-oriented individual to join our talented claims team as a Claims Assistant! We are looking for someone with:
• 1 year of experience with an independent adjusting firm, third party administrator or insurance carrier or office administration work
• Post-secondary education or a combination of relevant education and experience.
• A current general insurance license or working towards one.
• Knowledge of insurance contracts and policy wordings.
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
• Strong knowledge of Word and Excel.
• The ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
What You’ll Be Doing (Duties and Responsibilities)
Reporting to the Claims Manager, you will be assisting the rest of the claims department with their various needs, including:
• Receive claims and set up new claims in the correct system
• Assignment of claims to adjusters and/or examiners
• Process and distribute mailings
• Transcription of adjuster reports, letters and statements
• Work in imaging system to assign documents to claim files
• Reconcile records as needed
• Assist with general insurance claim support tasks
• Process claims letters and documentation
• Speaking with claimants and direct to the appropriate party
• Assist with miscellaneous projects as assigned by the supervisor
• Other claims related duties as assigned
What We Offer
Job Type: Full-time, contract (14-months).
Hours of work will be 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday. This position will be available remotely, to BC residents, but the first three months of the role will require office work out of our head office in Brentwood.
If this is position is of interest to you, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application was submitted successfully.