A Little Bit About Us
SeaFirst Insurance Brokers are insurance specialists. Our rapidly growing company has been providing our clients with the finest in general insurance services for over 40 years and are proud to be the largest general insurance brokers on the Saanich Peninsula, with offices in Brentwood Bay, Saanichton, Sidney, Salt Spring Island, Oak Bay, Westshore and Pender Island. It is our philosophy to provide our clients with professional service, while at the same time, maintaining a positive work environment for our employees.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Matched RRSP contributions
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Fitness subsidy
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
- Monthly social committee activities or events
- Costco membership
- Community involvement
Who We’re Looking For
Due to SeaFirst's steady operational growth, new and flexible opportunities have become available and we are excited to expand our team!
We are looking for an experienced Insurance Advisor that is able to provide sales and service to clients’ changing insurance needs by selling Personal Lines, Automobile, and Travel Insurance. Good customer service and computer skills, in addition to a passion for insurance, are what we are expecting from the individual in this role. The incumbent will possess an active level 1 general insurance license and at least two years experience working in insurance. Experience working with residential insurance is a plus!
• Responds to client phone, mail, email, fax, or occasionally in person, and provides solutions;
• Maintains accurate and timely client records in TAM;
• Provides quotes for clients using rate manuals, online manuals, etc.;
• Responds to insurer enquiries about policy holders;
• Uses superior communication skills to probe customers to determine current and future needs;
• Researches the best coverage for clients, using all known factors, including pricing, coverage, and claims service; recommends products based on this analysis;
• Explains the features, advantages, and benefits of all lines of business;
• Adheres to internal and external underwriting policies; seeks approval for risks outside of authority;
• Provides first response to claims reported, and adheres to established procedures to ensure timely reporting and follow up;
• Adheres to established office procedures for the handling and safekeeping of monies and revenue inventory;
• Keeps insurance licence current by maintaining required continuing education credits, and maintains compliance with all Insurance Act provisions;
• Performs administrative duties assigned including but not limited to: mail and courier, ordering of supplies, ordering inventory, banking and cash management, accounts receivables, etc.;
• Carries out other duties essential to the position as directed by their supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following abilities:
The incumbent will be based out of one of four SeaFirst offices, but may be expected to travel to any of the other offices in the group in order to provide relief.
SeaFirst Insurance places the health and well-being of its staff and customers as a number one priority. Due to the ongoing uncertainty in relation to the Covid-19 health crisis, many of SeaFirst's employees are working from home and the team members who are on site are spread out throughout the office in order to maintain appropriate social distancing. SeaFirst is following strict distancing, cleaning, and disinfecting protocols to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Hours of work will fall into the office’s opening hours, however not earlier than 8:30 am nor later than 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday. Occasionally, an opportunity may arise to work overtime hours. All overtime hours must be pre-approved by a supervisor or manager. Unauthorized overtime is not permitted and will not be compensated.
If you have your Level 1 General Insurance License, connect with us – we want to hear from you!
Your application was submitted successfully.