A Little Bit About Us
SeaFirst Insurance Brokers are insurance specialists. Our rapidly growing company has been providing our clients with the finest in general insurance services for over 40 years and are proud to be the largest general insurance brokers on the Saanich Peninsula, with offices in Brentwood Bay, Saanichton, Sidney, Salt Spring Island, Oak Bay, Westshore and Pender Island. It is our philosophy to provide our clients with professional service, while at the same time, maintaining a positive work environment for our employees.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Matched RRSP contributions
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Fitness subsidy
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
- Monthly social committee activities or events
- Costco membership
- Community involvement
Who We’re Looking For
We are excited to add a savvy and experienced Personal Lines Supervisor to lead our team at our Saanichton branch. Strong and current personal lines knowledge, as well as experience in a supervisory capacity, are what we are looking for from the individual in this role. The incumbent will possess an active level 2 general insurance license. Our Saanichton branch is one of our main ICBC branches so this individual must be up-to-date with any and all changes.
• Supervises and coordinates the activities of the IAs;
• Observes and evaluates the performance of the IAs on regular basis;
• Addresses IA performance issues;
• Communicates with other offices and personnel to resolve problems and expedite work;
• Interprets and communicates work procedures and company policies to staff;
• Reviews and checks the work of IAs for accuracy and content;
• Signs off on all new applications for Lloyds’ in-house program applications;
• Makes recommendations to management concerning staff and improvements to procedures;
• Coaches IAs to fully develop within their roles; identifies training needs, and provides solutions;
• Resolves IA staff and customer complaints;
• Ensures staff schedules are designed to ensure maximum coverage with minimum disruption;
• Organizes, plans, and prioritizes the work of IAs;
• Keeps insurance license current by maintaining required continuing education credits, and maintains compliance with all Insurance Act provisions;
• Performs all functions of the IA position in addition to supervisory duties;
• Carries out other duties essential to the position as directed by their supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following abilities:
The incumbent will be based out of our Saanichton office and will be expected to work in that office to fulfill their supervisor duties. Hours of work will fall between 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
SeaFirst Insurance places the health and well-being of its staff and customers as a number one priority. Due to the ongoing uncertainty in relation to the Covid-19 health crisis, many of SeaFirst's employees are working from home and the team members who are on site are spread out throughout the office in order to maintain appropriate social distancing. SeaFirst is following strict distancing, cleaning, and disinfecting protocols to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
If you have your Level 2 General Insurance License and supervisor/management experience, connect with us – we want to hear from you!
Your application was submitted successfully.